Wednesday April 1, 2020 9:00 AM -
1133 Pfingsten, Northbrook, Ill 60062
- CHANGE TO THE REGULAR SCHEDULE
- this event has moved for this month only.
- Where do we meet?
- In Northbrook at the Gloria Dei Church
- parking is available in either front or back lots
- What happens at this event?
- Blankets go through several steps to prepare them for delivery to Chicagoland hospitals and service agencies:
- triage process making sure our blanket guidelines are met
- labeling, checking for pins & needles and bagging
- giving blankets some TLC to correct mistakes-removing selvage, burying yarn “tails”
- If possible, fix blankets needing some TLC so they can be processed
- What is provided?
- Sewing needles, thread and scissors. Please leave yours at home!
- Coffee, tea, and bottled water
- What should you bring?
- Finished blankets to donate
- Your blanket project to work on
- A sack lunch
- If you have a sewing machine, consider briging it to sew on labels
- How often do we meet?
- The 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Exceptions to this schedule will be posted on the website
- Who should you contact?
- RSVP requested Karen 847-940-8732 email@example.com
- Additional things to know
- Let Karen know if you’d like to use one of our sewing machines during the day
- Treats are ‘pot luck’ so bring a treat if you want to share
- Please bring a non-perishable food item to fill up Gloria Dei’s Giving Table
- Blankets needing more TLC than can be acomplished here are taken home